Our leak detection engineers are registered plumbers and have many years’ experience in installing and maintaining all types of plumbing systems.
When establishing where the leak is we use a number of methods:
- Gas tracing using an inert hydrogen/nitrogen gas which can pass through most materials including timber, concrete and tiles.
- Thermal imaging which identifies hot pipes under floors and in walls.
- Acoustic microphones which can hear water escaping.
- Endoscopic cameras which can see into hidden and small spaces.
- Protimeter moisture meters to tell us exactly where the damp is.
- Consumption tests which measure any ‘unknown’ water usage when all taps and other outlets are turned off.
- Pressure testing to identify leaking systems.
One of the most common places for leaks is in a houses central heating system. In this instance we would use gas tracing equipment.
We normally offer a same day ‘find and fix’ service, including excavation of concrete floors as necessary.
Same day fixes are done at a fixed cost, but more involved excavations and fixes may require a return visit which will be arranged with you at an agreed cost.